The PAVE Festival is a grass roots community engagement project. Emerald Community House conceived and initiated the Performing And Visual arts in Emerald (PAVE) project in 2003, as a community development exercise to increase community capacity and synergy.
PAVE reaches across all social demographics to provide affordable access to arts based projects and performances in Emerald, whilst offering another reason for people outside the community to visit the town.
The PAVE Festival committee is a sub committee of Emerald Community House and made up of representatives of 6-8 community groups and several independent artists.
The PAVE festival 2018 ran over a full week with many events, including the annual Emerald Funfest – which brings the streets of Emerald and surrounds alive with music, arts and entertainment. It is an umbrella event designed to allow various community groups and local performers to showcase programs and talents to the broader Emerald community and surrounding areas.
The goals of PAVE are to:
- Build community stamina, creating strong working relationships that strengthen the community’s reflexes to respond to natural disaster adversities and challenges
- Promote the arts as an entertainment or involvement option for all ages
- Provide an outlet for local artists, (visual and performing) to display their talents
- Provide opportunities for people of all demographics to access The Arts at low or no cost and particularly involve youth “at risk” due to the lack of local facilities and public transport
- Bring arts into the lives of those not normally attracted to them
- Create an inclusive community event that can be built on annually
- Place particular emphasis on youth, the elderly and families who find access to arts activities difficult due to poor public transport facilities
- Promote Emerald as a town of cultural significance and support local business through tourism
- Promote partnerships and cooperation between small community organisations in a semi-rural community
- Celebrate Emerald venues and space
Visit the PAVE website
PAVE Sponsor Information Pack
Interested in sponsoring a grass roots community festival?
Great marketing opportunities are available for next year’s PAVE Festival. Request a copy of our PAVE Festival sponsorship information pack by contacting email@example.com